|THIS WEEKEND! Friday & Saturday 5-7pm
COOPER IS INCREDIBLY EXCITED TO OFFER AN
ALL-NATURAL WINE TASTING
Ruth Lewandowski WinesGo to Ruth Lewandowski’s website and their winemaking is quickly evident on the home page with the following words:
– “HONEST, HEARTFELT WINES MADE NATURALLY”
– “FEWER CHEMICALS, ALL THE PERSONALITY”
– “IN THIS CASE, LESS TRULY IS MORE”
Yes! This is a natural winemaker making very natural wines from vineyard to bottle.
Evan Lewandowski spent several years working at Domaine Binner in Alsace. Binner winery was started in 1770. The winery consists of 35+ acres of certified organic (AB-Ecocert) and biodynamic vineyards and they make wine the same way as their grandfather and father had done before them. It could be assumed that Evan’s current vineyard management and winemaking is a direct reflection of the time spent with Domaine Binner.
Useful Information tidbits:
- ZERO = NO SULFUR added
- The labels are in the shape of Utah because this is where he first made wine. See links
- The winery is called Ruth Lewandowski after “The Book of Ruth” in the Old Testament. Why the Book of The Ruth, well I suggest you read it. It’s been a long time I remember I really liked it. It’s very historical and it’s about acceptance.
- The wine’s names are referenced from The Book of Ruth
Here are some very informative links about Evan and the wines:
We only have 22 bottles of each to sell.
We will be tasting two whites and two reds:
Ruth Lewandowski ‘Tatto’, Mendocino ZERO White 2021 – $25.99
Ruth Lewandowski ‘Mahlon’ Fox Hill Vineyard ZERO Arneis 2022 – $29.99
Ruth Lewandowski ‘Feints’ Fox Hill Vineyard Red Blend – $24.99
Ruth Lewandowski ‘Boaz’ Testa Ranch, Red Blend, Mendocino – $29.99
Cooper Wine and Spirits